Why my doula support is worth having…
You want kind respect for your feelings and needs –
someone who listens and understands.
Someone who “just knows” and can help your partner and birth team know too.
Someone who always has your best interests in mind.
Someone with the patience and the strength for continuous support.
“Terri made all the difference in our experience…relying on her calm knowledge of labor and birth gave me the confidence to go with the flow of contractions without concern.” – Second-Time Mom
Birth Doula Care Package
My doula care fee is $1500 for a hospital birth, with significant discount arrangements for birth center or home births. Reduced fees are also available for repeat birth doula clients.
(Standard contract is 50% Retainer Deposit upon hire; Balance due at 38 weeks.) The initial personal consultation is free, and a copy of the contract will be provided for review.
I accept cash (3% discount), checks, Paypal and credit cards. I also may be open for specific barter arrangements.
Birth Doula Care includes:
My full attention will be on you and your individual needs! You will know that your care will be tailored to you.
- Two Personalized Birth Option Planning and Preparation Sessions, 2+ hours each
- Phone, text and email discussion as wanted or needed
- Access to my birth and parenting library books, videos, and trusted website reference lists and literature
- Unlimited physical and emotional support during the entire labor and birth– for you, your partner & family.
- After birth bonding support at your place of birth; until you are settled together, fed, and resting.
- Initial and ongoing breastfeeding support if needed
- Basic non-invasive and intuitive birth photography with your camera and/or camera phone
- Home visit within the first few days after birth; to help you with your transition to parenthood.
- Telephone and email support for the month following the Birth Day, visits as you need.
- If desired, I will also accompany you on one caregiver prenatal visit to discuss birth plan and roles.
- Access to my experienced Doula Partners – sometimes your birth may require more of a team effort!
“Terri was physically and mentally strong, and her consistent compassion and encouragement got me through, allowing me to be there for my wife as a husband, and eventually, as a father to my beautiful baby girl.” – First-Time Dad
Additional Services Available by Negotiated Contract
☆ Plus 25% Discount on My Additional Services for My Doula Clients!
Personalized ChildBirth Education Classes ($30 an hour, minimum 4 hours, Reg $40/hr)
Postpartum Doula Services ($22.50 an hour, minimum 20 hours/can be split to 5 sessions, Reg $30/hr)
Private Family Labor Support Classes for your Birth Team ($30 an hour, minimum 4 hrs, Reg $40/hr)
So many possibilities… Just ask!
“Having Terri’s sensitive and comforting presence with our daughter throughout labor and birth gave us the freedom to better enjoy the blessed event.” – New Grandparents
Postpartum Doula Services
Postpartum doulas are not baby nurses or nannies. Our role is to help you transition to life with a newborn by being a trained and non-judgmental assistant to help you figure out your “new normal”.
Minimum 20 hours, with payment in advance of each 10 hour increment unless payment plan arranged. Each visit minimum 4 hours. : $22.50 hour for Birth Doula Clients, Regularly $30 an hour base rate. Overnights add $5.00 hour. Multiples add $5.00 hour for each extra baby.
My Postpartum Care for your New Family Includes:
- Making sure that the new mother and family are supported, nurtured, fed and clean
- Access to my parenting library books, videos, and trusted website reference lists
- Meal preparation and information on new family nutrition
- Breastfeeding education, with access to professional lactation referral if needed
- Help with pumping and/or formula if needed
- Hold or watch the baby if the new parents need to rest or shower
- Listen to the birth story as many times as you want to tell it; answer questions if asked
- Referrals to medical or alternative health care providers as needed
- Help with sibling care. I have books on new babies and breastfeeding
- Grandparent and friend care: information on how to help the new family
- Help with light housekeeping and laundry
- Baby supplies and household organization
- Shopping and errands
- Car seat installation assistance
- Whatever else! Just ask….
Not sure if you can afford doula care?
Don’t let the price stop you from having a doula at your birth or afterwards —I have been known to be creative with Airline Miles or professional barters at the same monetary value as my services.
As well, I am happy to make a referral for lower cost/less experienced birth and postpartum doula care through my referral service: The SLO Doula Connection. The doulas I refer to have either been trained by me through CAPPA, or are DONA or other reputable organization trained and then evaluated by me. They have signed a Scope of Practice, Ethics, and Code of Conduct agreement and I serve as their mentor as needed 24/7. You may choose from three sliding-scale, sliding-experience tiers: Certified and Very Experienced, Certified, and In-Training (Working on Certification).
-Terri Woods, CLD
“Terri offered outstanding support and was of real benefit to her client” – San Luis Obispo Obstetrician